Terms & Conditions
- One to One English is open 6 days per week for 51 weeks per year. We are closed on the following public holidays: Monday 7 May, Monday 28 May, Monday 27 August. We will be closed for the Christmas / New Year vacation from Saturday 22 December 2018, and will re-open on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
- Booking a course constitutes acceptance of our current Terms and Conditions. By accepting the school’s Terms and Conditions, you also agree to the terms of the Student Handbook and Code of Conduct, as changed from time to time to meet the needs of the school and its students. A copy of the current Student Handbook and Code of Conduct is available on request.
- The school reserves the right to alter course dates, timetables, fees and any particulars. Courses booked under current terms will be unaffected by any such changes.
- One to One English does not accept any responsibility or liability in the case of accidents, illness, loss of or damage to personal effects. You are strongly recommended to take out a full medical insurance policy before leaving your country. Emergency treatment may be provided free on the UK National Health Service but you may have to pay for most other treatments and this can be very expensive without medical insurance.
- If you fail to tell the school about any medical condition which affects your ability to take the course before arriving at the school we may suspend or cancel the course without refund.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are able to attend the course you have booked and our course cancellation terms [Section 3] apply to all reasons for cancellation, including illness and delayed or refused visas.
2. Course Selection
- General English courses focus on English for everyday purposes using our own exclusive course books (Levels 3-6 Pre-Intermediate to Advanced) or other appropriate course books (Levels 1-2 Beginner and Elementary). If you wish to take an English examination; improve your English for work; focus on a particular skill such as writing; or use different materials to our own course books, you must take the correct course, not General English. Please ask the school for advice before booking.
- You are required to buy a course book for certain courses (see Course Information). Students taking General English courses levels 3-6 use our own exclusive course books and CDs. Lost or damaged books and CDs will be replaced at your expense.
- Acceptance for examination courses is subject to passing an entry test. Students who do not pass this test will be placed in another suitable class until the appropriate language level is reached.
- Examination course fees cover tuition but do not include course books or registration for external examinations. It is your responsibility to ensure that you register for examinations in time and that examination fees are paid on time.
- Change of course type: In the case of Max-6 courses, you may change your course type, for example from General English to a Cambridge examination course, if there is a place available in a suitable course. In the case of 1-1 courses, course types may usually be changed during the course (certain conditions apply). There is an administration fee of £30 per change of course type, and any additional course fees must be paid. No refunds or credits will be given in the case of any change of course type.
3. Course Cancellation
- General: If you cancel your course before the course has started, the following refund policy applies to course fees. This policy applies to all reasons for course cancellations, except when you cancel a course due to a visa refusal (see 3.2):
- Cancellation 22 days or more before course start date: 100% refund
- Cancellation 15-21 days before course start date: 50% refund
- Cancellation 14 days or less before course start date: No refund
- Visa refusal: If you cancel your course due to a visa refusal, you must provide the school with a copy of the visa refusal notice, in writing by email. The following refund policy for course fees applies to the date when you provide the school with a copy of the visa refusal notice:
- Cancellation 7 days or more before course start date: 100% refund
- Cancellation 6 days or less before course start date: No refund
- There is an administration charge of £60 for all course cancellations, and the registration fee of £60 is non-refundable.
- Any notice of course cancellation must be sent in writing by email. The date of notification is the receipt date of the email.
- Refunds are paid within 28 days of the cancellation date. You must provide bank details and signed authorisation that the refund should be paid to this account. The School will pay its own transaction charges; your bank may make other charges.
- If you have booked multiple courses, for example a General English Intensive course followed by an IELTS Intensive course, your booking is for the entire period of the combined courses and it is not possible to cancel just one course or part of any course. This applies whether the courses are consecutive or non-consecutive (i.e. with a break between courses). A refund can only be made if you cancel your entire booking before the start of the first course: see Section 3.1 and 3.2.
- After the course has started, course fees are strictly non-refundable, you cannot cancel all or any part of your course and no refund will be given if you arrive late or do not attend part or all of your course. This includes any period of holiday taken or illness during the course. Courses will not be extended due to absence or illness. In addition, no refund will be given in the event of disruption or cancellation of classes due to circumstances beyond the control of the school, including but not limited to your being unable to attend classes due to weather conditions, public transport incidents, strikes, terrorism or public disorder.
- Courses fees are non-transferable to any other person.
- Your registration will expire if you do not take any course for a period of twelve months from the original course start date.
- See Section 4 for terms regarding cancelling/rescheduling lessons on Flexi 1-1, Skype Online 1-1 and Home Tuition 1-1 courses.
- See Section 11 for Accommodation cancellation terms.
4. Flexi 1-1, Skype Online 1-1 and Home Tuition 1-1 Courses: Lesson Cancellation and Rescheduling
- You may cancel any Flexi 1-1, Skype Online 1-1 or Home Tuition 1-1 lesson subject to the following charges:
- Cancellation by 12:00 midday Friday of the week before the lesson: No charge
- Cancellation by 12:00 midday of the day before the lesson: 50% of lesson fee
- Cancellation later than 12:00 midday of the day before the lesson: 100% of lesson fee
- Saturday 1-1 lessons must be cancelled by 12:00 midday Friday of the previous week i.e. at least 8 days before the lesson.
- If you cancel a lesson with 'No charge' [see above] you may then book a new lesson at a new date or time. In order to reschedule a lesson to a date and time convenient for both you and the school, you must give the school three alternative times for each lesson to be rescheduled. If you cannot do this we may be unable to reschedule and you will lose the lesson.
- If you cancel a lesson with '50% charge' [see above] you are given a credit which is 50% of the lesson cost. You can use this credit when you book your next course, or combine credits to book extra lesson. No refunds are given for unused credits.
- If you cancel a lesson with a '100% charge' [see above] you lose this lesson.
- Cancellations must be notified to the school administration staff, not to a course teacher. Cancellations can be accepted by telephone, in person or by email. By email, the effective cancellation date and time is as per the email received.
- All 1-to-1 lessons must be taken within twelve months from the course start date.
- These terms apply to closed-group 2-1, 3-1 etc courses. All students must agree any cancellation/rescheduling request.
5. Intensive 1-1 and Full Immersion 1-1 Courses: Cancellation and Rescheduling
- Intensive 1-1 and Full Immersion 1-1 course dates and times are fixed and cannot be cancelled, changed or postponed in any way after the course has started. You will be given a timetable for your complete course when you enrol.
- If you do not attend an Intensive 1-1 or Full Immersion 1-1 lesson for any reason, the lesson cannot be rescheduled.
- These terms apply to closed-group 2-1, 3-1 etc courses.
6. Max-6 Courses: Cancellation and Rescheduling
- All Max-6 course dates and timetables are fixed and cannot be cancelled, postponed or changed for any reason, with the exception of General English Saturday Max-6 courses [see 6.2].
- General English Saturday Max-6 courses: Classes can be cancelled and rescheduled. Any cancellation must be made by 12:00 midday Friday of the week before the class, i.e. at least 8 days before the class. Cancellations must be notified to the school administration staff, not to the course teacher. Cancellations can be accepted by telephone, in person or by email. When cancelling by email, the effective cancellation time and date is as per the email received, and proof of sending will be required. Classes can be rescheduled to dates when there is a place available in a suitable class at the correct level. All classes must be taken within 12 months of the course start date. Classes not cancelled with at least 8 days’ notice cannot be cancelled or rescheduled; you will lose these classes if you do not attend.
- Public holidays: When the school is closed for a public holiday there is no refund or rescheduling of Intensive Max-6 classes. Evening Max-6 courses are rescheduled to another day in the same week for all public holidays. You are given a timetable including any rescheduled course days when offered a place on any course.
- The total number of any personal holiday weeks allowed in a Max-6 Intensive course must be agreed in writing before your course start date. Each holiday period taken must be agreed in writing with at least 2 weeks' notice before each period.
- Max-6 PLUS courses: all extra 1-1 classes must be taken within the duration of the Max-6 course. You will be given a timetable for your extra 1-1 classes. This timetable is fixed and cannot be changed.
- In the unlikely event that there is only one student in a Max-6 class, the course will not be cancelled or postponed. The course timetable and programme will be unchanged.
- Homestay accommodation is arranged through our English UK corporate member agency partners, who select and regularly inspect host families to ensure the highest standards and quality of service.
- Accommodation and airport transfer fees are non-transferable and are valid only for the person and dates specified.
- Cancellation before arrival date: If you cancel your homestay accommodation before the accommodation arrival date, the following refunds apply, minus the non-refundable accommodation arrangement fee of £60:
- Cancellation 22 days or more before arrival date: 100% accommodation fees refunded
- Cancellation 15-21 days before arrival date: Accommodation fees refunded minus 1 week's fees
- Cancellation 14 days or less before arrival date: Accommodation fees refunded, minus 2 weeks' fees
- Cancellation after arrival date: Accommodation fees are not refundable if you do not arrive on time or if you cut short your stay after your arrival. In the case of your accommodation being unsuitable, we will find you a suitable alternative.
- Any notice of accommodation cancellation must be sent in writing by email. The date of notification is the receipt date of the email.
- Refunds are paid within 28 days of the cancellation date. You must provide bank details and signed authorisation that the refund should be paid to this account. The school will pay its own transaction charges, your bank may charge you additional transaction charges.
- Cancellation terms for serviced apartments, residences and other types of accommodation vary- terms available on request.
8. JULY18 Promotion
- Offer applies only to applications received between 1 -27 July 2018 for a student's first course with the school.
- Promotional code JULY18 must be entered in the Online Booking Form to claim 10% saving.
- During busy periods, course availability may be limited and will be allocated strictly on a first come, first served basis. When a Max-6 class is full it will be closed. Early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
- Offer does not apply to In-Company courses, corporate contracts and closed-group training contracts.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, commission or promotion.
OTOE T&C 2018/3