TfL Private Hire Drivers B1 IELTS Course
TfL Private Hire Drivers B1 IELTS Course: ProfileAs of October 2016, Transport for London (TfL) requires private hire drivers to meet B1 level English language proficiency in a TfL-approved SELT (Secure English Language Test). For more information see https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/taxis-and-private-hire/english-language-requirement.
The IELTS examination is one of the most popular TfL-approved tests.
Our TfL Private Hire Drivers B1 IELTS Course is a short, intensive examination preparation course for the IELTS test at B1 level, specially designed for TfL private hire drivers. The course can be taken for 2 or 4 weeks, and includes an introduction to all parts of the examination. Our small groups with between 3 to 6 students mean that you get detailed individual feedback on your speaking and writing, essential tips and strategies for the reading and listening sections, and IELTS test practice at B1 level.
- Effective course - Just 6 students: Small classes mean highly effective learning and fast results
- 15 hours per week full-time course: Monday to Friday afternoon course 13:20-16:30
- Programme: IELTS (General Training) examination preparation course covering all sections of the exam
TfL Private Hire Drivers B1 IELTS Course: Programme
- Individual feedback: personal correction and feedback on your speaking and writing
- Speaking: small group courses mean plenty of class speaking time to build accuracy, fluency,
vocabulary, structural range and familiarisation with all parts of the IELTS speaking test
- Writing: study the main task 1 question types and examples of the key IELTS task 2 topics
- Vocabulary: key vocabulary study for active use to create stronger writing and speaking and for recognition so that you perform more efficiently in listening and reading tests
- Listening: familiarisation with IELTS listening task types and techniques
- Reading: test-taking reading skills and analysis of key question types
|Small group course||3 - 6 students per class|
|Course timetable||Monday to Friday 13:20 - 16:30|
|Course hours||15 hours per week|
|Weeks||Course fees||Per week|
You can also take an IELTS examination course online from anywhere in the world. Click here to find out more.
Download course information
Special introductory offer - FREE enrolment for first-time students - Save £60 - Apply Now
About One to One English "I recommend One to One English to all people who need English for the work. It is very efficient." read more reviews »What's special about this course?
Central London Location Our school is located in world-famous Covent Garden, in the heart of central London. We also deliver on-site training courses to businesses across the London area, Home Tuition, and Skype Online English Courses.
English Language Training Specialists We specialise exclusively in English language courses in small group and 1-to-1. Our methods, resources and teachers focus specifically on providing high quality English courses.
Tailored Programmes We offer General English and many examination courses, as well as tailored business English courses. You can choose short highly-intensive courses with up to 6 days per week, or flexible ongoing courses with usually 2 to 5 lessons per week.
Course Teachers All our teachers are professional, qualified native-speakers. They have a wide range of experience and are specially trained in our own successful methods. They're also very friendly!
Independent One to One English is an independent accredited English language school, not an international business chain. Our students welcome our warm and friendly “family atmosphere” and the support we give you at every stage of the journey with us.
Personal Care and Support There is a full, free pre-course assessment before you join the school to make sure you choose the right course for you. After you join, you benefit from the personal support of your own Course Director and we regularly ask for and act on feedback.
- Course designed for TFL private hire drivers
- Small group course: fast, effective results
- Afternoons 15 hours per week 13:20-16:30
- Flexible dates - start any Monday